Life hacks are everywhere at the moment. It’s an American term for things that will aid your general living and simultaneously blow your mind to the possibility that you could have lived this long without knowing this.
We’ve put together nine tips specifically aimed at surfers. So you’ll not longer have to struggle with getting your wetsuit over your feet or removing wax residue from your board….
1) Put plastic bags on your feet before you get into your wetsuit. They will slide in much easier.
2. Buy a plastic tub like this one. Stand inside in when taking your wetsuit off. It stops your car getting sandy and doubles up as a washing bucket.
3. Broken your flip flop? Get a bread clip and fit it around the stem on the sole to stop it pulling through.
4. Fill an old laundry detergent bottle with hot water before you leave the house. Prick holes in the lid – and it will work as your own personal shower post-surf.
5. Buy a waterproof key holder, instead of hoping no one finds your key stashed under your wheel…
6. Sew two beach towels together at one end, leaving a hole for your head, like a DIY Robie.
7. Duct tape works wonders on skin cuts and minor board repairs. Just make sure it’s not trapping any water inside.
8. Wrap your towel in hot water bottle before you go surfing. It’ll be toastie warm when you get back.
9. Grab an old pair of tights. Fill them with flour to make a kind of bean bag. Rub along your deck before new wax job to remove excess wax.