Edinburgh-based artist Simon Muir made the Enduro World Series trophy for the inaugural season last year. But it’s not your regular silver trophy displayed on a wooden podium….
Simon used four different types of wood – walnut, ash, mango and oak – shaped to look like a woodguard fender with a box at the base containing relics from each of the stops on last year’s tour. Pretty original eh!
- Soil from Punta Ala, Italy
- Rock from Val d’Allos, France
- A bottle of Génépi spirit from Les Deux Alpes, France
- Bark and aspen leaves from Winterpark, USA
- ‘Old Man’s Beard’ moss from Whistler, Canada
- White organic linen from Val d’Isere, France
- Hazlenuts and beach sand from Finale Ligure, Italy