[part title=”The EWC trophy contains a relic from every stop on last year’s tour”]
Edinburgh-based artist Simon Muir made the Enduro World Series trophy for the inaugural season last year. But it’s not your regular silver trophy displayed on a wooden podium….
Simon used four different types of wood – walnut, ash, mango and oak – shaped to look like a woodguard fender with a box at the base containing relics from each of the stops on last year’s tour. Pretty original eh!
– Soil from Punta Ala, Italy
– Rock from Val d’Allos, France
– A bottle of Génépi spirit from Les Deux Alpes, France
– Bark and aspen leaves from Winterpark, USA
– ‘Old Man’s Beard’ moss from Whistler, Canada
– White organic linen from Val d’Isere, France
– Hazlenuts and beach sand from Finale Ligure, Italy