The Top 10 In Action Sports
01Shaun White 'Not Retiring' From Snowboarding
02Balls-Out Riding And Ballistic Bails: The Very Best Of Red Bull Rampage
03Should Downhill Mountain Biking Be Included In The Next Olympic Shake-Up?
04Forget The Ocean, Why Not Try Surfing These Insane River Waves
05The Biggest Underground Bike Park Ever Is About To Open In A Giant Cave…
06Second-Class Waves And Sleazy Ads: Why Women Are Still Fighting For Equality In Action Sports
07This Banger Edit From Burton Will Make You Absolutely Desperate To Get Back On Your Board…
08Ice Climbing, Wild Swimming And Camping Under The Stars: 10 Awesome Adventures For Under £100
09Jeep Original Freedom: Snowboard Teaser
10Thought The Colombian Women's Cycling Kit Was Bad? Wait 'Til You See This Men's Kit...
RICKY LUKASSEN TEACHES HOW TO HIT A KICKER
In the fourth episode Ricky gives a step-by-step guide on how to hit a kicker. After following Ricky's clear instructions you will soon be able to smoothly land a kicker. For more details, check this tutorial, collect your gear, head to the water, put on that smile and get there!
1. Always start hitting a kicker on your heel-side. This is easier than you toe-side.
2. Take a slow progressive edge towards the kicker. Progressive means to keep accelerating.
3. Just a few meters before the kicker you stop edging, but keep your speed.
4. Keep your weight on both feet and hold the handle with both hands.
5. Hold your arms slightly bend. Just let the rope pull you over the kicker. Remain in the same position and on top of the kicker softly push out your legs.
6. During take-off keep your handle low and your eyes forward.
7. Absorb the landing by bending your knees and try to edge away from the cable.
Have you missed the last episodes?
Learn how to dock start here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIoQY1wMyA4
Learn how to take turns here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2huxzcBnqo
Learn how to do an ollie here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQL_LAEd0AY
Learn how to do an ollie fs 180 here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgOv48aEc4A&list=PLI27yAJb2yHWw81CHkUPzOqOKSlzKXmxp&index
Wakeboarding is extremely fun and addictive. People around you will notice an everlasting big smile on your face. Your life will contain more pleasure and you will ask yourself why you waited so long before you gave it a try.
Continuing the heritage of helping people to get there, Protest adds a new discipline to their 'How To' Series. Following the successful 'How To Snowboard' and 'How To Surf' tutorials, this summer Protest team riders Sjors van de Kerkhof and Ricky Lukassen teach beginners the basic tips and tricks of wakeboarding.
Check out the other 'How To' Series
Protest How to Surf Tutorials:
Protest How To Snowboard Tutorials:
Find more Protest here: