18 Things That All Mountain Bikers Hate About Mountain Biking
There aren't many things wrong with mountain biking. But here are a few...
Mountain biking is great. It's a great sport. A great way to get outdoors. A great way to blow off steam. A great way to meet new people. And so much more as well.
But that doesn't mean it's all thumbs up all the time. Even lottery winners have problems. Nothing is perfect.
So what are we talking about? What's wrong with mountain biking? There's not an awful lot, but there are certain things that grind a lot of riders gears, can put a frown on a mountain biker's face or are just really f*cking annoying.
Here's what we mean...
1) Spending longer getting to trails than you spend riding
2) Pseudo “innovation"
3) ...and the price tag that comes with the changes
4) When trail runners commandeer a trail and call it their own
5) Weather ruining trails and riding plans
7) The mucky dance between doorway and shower. You know the one we mean...
8) Stupidly long climbs. No skill, no fun, just exhaustion...
9) And the fact that the downhill at the top is over all too fast
10) Maintenance issues (and the fact they bring you back to point 3)
11) Trail snobs
12) Insects on insects on insects on insects
13) People who try and show you their Strava
14) Trail hazards getting up in your flow
15) Cleaning shit
16) The rider who has a lot of money and would like to tell you about everything he or she is wearing
17) People who modify trails to meet their own personal needs
18) ...and finally of course, having to leave the trails at the end of the day!