Spotted: 17 Weird & Wonderful Photos From The Fort William World Cup
Giant beer bottles, abused manakins and endless mud... Fort Bill had it all!
The Fort William World Cup has been and gone once more. Greg Minnaar made history with his 17th ever world cup win, Rachel Atherton turned it around having qualified 37 seconds off the pace, and as usual, a lot of stoked fans did a lot of strange things.
It's no secret that one of the best parts of the Fort Bill downhill is the madness that goes on in the crowd. From costumes and accessories to instruments and actions, there are no rules - well, maybe a few - that leave you constrained on race weekend, and the camera phones in the crowd captured a lot of the chaos...
1) Spotted Trying To Ruin Saturday
2) Spotted Not Letting It Ruin Saturday
3) Spotted Making The Most Of It
This man just went for a ski at Fort William World Cup! Surely this doesn't bode well for the race?! pic.twitter.com/OrTSg0swMX
— Dirt Magazine (@DirtMagazine) June 5, 2015
4) Spotted On Sale For All The Family
5) Spotted Picking Out His/Her Line On The Big Screen Live Feed
6) Spotted Combining Their Two Main Loves - Christmas And Rachel Atherton
A Change of Allegiance From Previous Years...
7) Spotted Fitting In With The Crowd
... And Really Getting Into Things (In The Bottom Left Corner)
— David C (@CUILFISH) June 7, 2015
8) Spotted Nailing Guns n' Roses 'Sweet Child O' Mine' On The Air Guitar In Front Of The Entire Fort William Crowd...
...Then Heading Back To Toast His Performance With The Rest Of The Crew
9) Spotted Bringing A New Meaning To 'HeadCam'
10) Spotted Causing All Sorts Of Slippery Havoc
11) Spotted Out Of Bounds With A Bunch Of Bananas
12) Spotted, Very Easily, On Top Of The Crowd
...And Making The Big Screen For His Efforts
13) Spotted By Our Friends At Dirt
— Dirt Magazine (@DirtMagazine) June 7, 2015
14) Spotted Brandishing The Five Ten Trumpet
15) Spotted Uniting The Crowd, One Whistle At A Time[video mp4="http://cdn.coresites.factorymedia.com/mpora_new/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/VID_20150607_151504.mp4"][/video]
16) Spotted Sparking A Selfie Queue As Soon As She Stepped Foot In The Crowd
17) Spotted Bossing A Cigar After Bossing Fort William
Well done Rachel, Greg, and a pat on the back for all in attendance. If you spotted anything on your camera phone you've not seen above... be sure to let us know in the comments!