22 Things Only Female Road Cyclists Will Understand
You spend a lot of time looking at and talking about saddles...
1) The best way to start any morning is with a long ride to your favourite coffee shop
2) And the best end to a day is finishing a climb in time to see the sunset
3) (Before gunning it back down, obviously)
4) Riding with your best female mates is the best way to spend a weekend
5) Although a day keeping speed with the boys can also be fun
6) You know all different variations of this year’s jerseys, bibs and leggings….
7) Your radiators at home are covered in Lycra
8) And you can’t move through your hallway for bikes and equipment
9) When you overtake a guy on the road, they always seem to get annoyed...
10) And a lot of the time – you find that they'll overtake you again straight away (Whyy?!)
11) While men can go faster ….
12) ….Women have better endurance and are good at long distance rides
13) You see women with pretty sit up and beg style bikes
14) And wonder if they realise how HEAVY their bike is compared to yours
15) You know how to change a tyre…
16) Mend a puncture…
17) …And adjust the back gears, better than anyone else you know
18) You spend a huge amount of time looking for (and talking about) different saddles
19) But knowing the pain of riding on a bad one, you’ve sworn you’ll never go back
20) Plus, buying good gear is important...
21) Cause it means that you can spend more time doing your favourite thing...
22) ...Riding your bike!