“Politics," as the philosopher Belaga once said, “is just show business for ugly people.". The fact that pictures of Leticia Boufoni, rather than Theresa May* adorn the grubby bedroom walls of equally grubby 13 year old boys probably suggests that there’s some truth in this.
And yet, we can’t escape politics. It’s everywhere. “Brexit" this, “Trump" that, “Repealing the corn laws" the other. Politics leaks into every single walk of life, and skateboarding is no different. Here are some of the best and worst politically themes skate decks of all time.
How To Choose Your First Skateboard | What’s The Best Board For You?
*The distinction between Theresa May with an H and Teresa May without an H is key here. One has sex for a living, the other just fucks things.
1) Few British Politicians made it to skate deck infamy. Margaret Thatcher is an exception
2) George Dubbya looking slightly zombified on this Enjoi deck
3) ... city limits
4) Can't we all just get along? Barry, Vlad, and kim show us how
5) There's a touch of orwell about this Enjoi set
Best Skateparks in the UK | 10 Of The Best Places To BMX & Skateboard In The Country
6) *makes some joke about inflation*
7) Real being pretty open about their feelings
8) jFK X mLK
9) Jamie Thomas talks politics with this pro model
Best Indoor Skateparks in the UK | 5 Of The Best Indoor Places To BMX & Skateboard In The Country
10) and jason Jessie delves back even further into history for his political figures
11) Did enjoi predict the future with this set?
12) one thing most of us can agree on...
You may also like:
10 Crazy Skateboard Tricks That Look Impossible
Skateboarding And Surfing To Be Confirmed As Tokyo 2020 Olympic Sports By The IOC Before Rio 2016
14 Good, Bad and Controversial Skate Decks Inspired by Your Favourite Bands