You've jumped on the chairlift solo and awkwardly shuffled to make yourself comfortable. Just as you settle in though, you turn to your right to find that the most beautiful human you've ever encountered just so happens to be sharing your lift.
It's love at first sight, and after all, a 10 minute chairlift ride is effectively as a first date.
You look over and flash a smile. They return the sentiment and sparks begin to fly. But now they're staring expectantly, waiting for you to open the conversation and begin what could potentially be the best night of your life.
What should you say? Well here are a few ideas, most of which will get you either a giggle from your lift buddy, or - more likely - a creeped out look and an awkward silence.
Either way, a terrible chat up line is better than staying silent...
1) Want Me To Jump Off This Chairlift? Because I Think I Could Fall For You
2) Do You Believe In Love At First Sight Or Should We Go Round This Chairlift Again?
3) Do You Like Backflips? Because I’m Going Head Over Heels For You…
4) I Bribed The Control Guy To Stop The Chairlift. We Could Be Here A While
5) I Bombed Off A 40ft Cliff Yesterday. I’m Not Afraid To Admit That Size Matters
6) Was It Red Bull That Gave You Wings Or Are You Just An Angel?
7) I Might Follow You When You Get Off The Chairlift. *Stare Into The Distance*
8) Even This Pow Isn’t As Sweet As You Are
9) How Much Does This Chairlift Weigh? Enough To Break The Ice…
10) I Think I’m On The Wrong Chair Lift… I Didn’t Mean To Go Straight To Heaven!
11) I’ll Nose Butter Your Box If You Lip Slide My Rail
12) Are You Going To Carry Me Down The Mountain Now You’ve Swept Me Off My Feet?
13) Your Eyes Are Bluer Than The Most Beautiful Bluebird Day
14) You’re Making My Stomach Do Quad Corks
15) Is It Really Windy Up Here Or Is That Just You That’s Blowing Me Away…
16) I Didn’t Know Angels Had To Use The Chair Lift Too…
17) I Need Mouth To Mouth! The Altitude! *Pretend To Faint*
18) I’m Doing A Survey, Do You Mind Taking It? How Are Enjoying The Pow? What’s Your Number? Are You Free Tonight?
19) You Know What I Have In Common With This Snow? Eight Inches.
20) They Call Me A Ski Bum, But Yours Looks Like The Best On The Mountain
Copyright Nathan Abbott 2006
21) Under This Helmet and These Goggles I Look Surprisingly Like Brad Pitt/Angelina Jolie (Delete As Appropriate). You’ll Have To Trust Me On That.
22) You’re Like Gluhwein: A Little Bit Sweet and Incredibly Hot
23) Where Are You Off To Ski Then? (Whatever They Answer) – What A Coincidence!
24) Stick With Me And You Won’t Have To Ride Black Diamonds Anymore, You’ll Be Wearing Them
You May Also Like
23 Ways To Make A Chairlift Ride Incredibly Awkward
'It Was The Scariest Line That I've Ever Ridden' - Why Days Of My Youth Is The Ski Film Of The Year