Ski and snowboard movies are great, but it's fair to say that they normally follow a pretty predictable formula.
There are some things that are almost guaranteed to happen in any snow-based epic that you watch. So, next time you break out a shred-heavy feature, get a couple (hundred) beers out with it and give this game a shot.
Disclaimer: Mpora takes no responsibly for any health problems that arise from this game, nor for any stupid shit that participants get up to after/if they manage to complete it.
Do not play this game if:
a) You are pregnant or have a history of health problems
b) You do not have a limitless stash of beer
c) You have any common sense whatsoever
ONE DRINK WHENEVER:
1. The words sick, gnarly or stoked are used
2. Someone shouts ‘bluebird’ or ‘powder day’ whilst in bed, in boxer shorts or while opening curtains
3. A song plays that you’ve heard in at least two other snow films
"There's snow pun better than a... snow pun"
4. There’s a dramatic shot of a wild animal
5. A rider talks about how the true spirit of riding is all about fun
Snowboard- Aimee Fuller (Source @aimee_fuller instagram) (1)
6. A rider says that something they did was the ‘scariest/gnarliest/craziest thing they’ve ever done’ (delete as appropriate)
Jeremy Jones, the world's best freerider on the mountain that nearly defeated him
7. A rider talks about how lucky they are to do this for a living
how not to die pat moore snowboarder
8. A rider unsubtly hints at how much they hate riding competitions
9. There’s a shot of an avalanche
10. A rider talks about the importance of mountain safety, then drops into a ridiculously unsafe line
11. The narrator says something really vague about life that doesn’t actually relate to snow sports at all
12. You catch even a glimpse of a chairlift. This is a rare moment in a ski/snowboard film
13. There’s a weather forecast on screen
**Replace with Powder shot**
14. There’s a slow motion shot on screen
X Games Aspen 2014 - January 25, 2014
15. Someone cannonballs or deliberately face plants into powder
TWO DRINKS WHENEVER:
1. Two out of these three words - sick, gnarly or stoked - are used in the same sentence
Snowboard_ Dan Brisee (source @danbrisse instagram)
2. There’s a shot of someone riding away from an avalanche
3. There’s a scene-setting clip where riders just drag suitcases around for a couple of minutes
4. You’re the last person to say ‘cheers’ whenever a beer is on screen
5. You fail to raise your glass when a rider needs medical help
6. The riders first break out the helicopter
7. A rider snaps a branch with a huge board tap
Screen Shot 2014-11-14 at 14.14.09
8. A line or bail makes you say: "shiiiiiiiit"
COdy Townsend in the Tordrillo mountains Alaska with matchstick productions.
9. Someone drinks a Red Bull
DOWN YOUR DRINK WHENEVER:
1. The song ‘Sail’ by AWOLNATION plays
2. There’s full frontal nudity
3. It reaches the point in the film where you want to cry because you’re not in the mountains
Powder Highway Credit www.powderhighway.com
1996-2004 AccuSoft Co., All rights reserved
4. Any Time Someone Points At A Map And Says "We Should Go Here", To The Shock Of Everyone Else In The Room
Screen Shot 2014-11-14 at 14.42.48
5. The words sick, gnarly and stoked are all used in the same sentence
You May Also Like
'It Was The Scariest Line That I've Ever Ridden' - Why Days Of My Youth Is The Ski Film Of The Year
What Does Your Facial Hair Say About You?