23 Reasons Why You Should Never Go Skiing or Snowboarding in France
Sponsored feature: France is just the worst place for skiers and snowboarders. Here's why...
1) Thinking of going skiing or snowboarding in France this winter? Don't bother...
2) For starters all the resorts are all purpose-built, charmless sink-estates
3) Trust us, ski-in, ski-out essentially that means you’ll be living in a ghetto
4) The slopes are always so damn crowded
5) And getting Freshies after a storm? Forget it, the place is a mogul field by lunchtime
6) You have to hike miles away from the lift to get any fresh powder
7) Of course, there's no word in French for après ski...
8) Any room that’s got a half-decent view costs a fortune...
9) And don’t even get us started on the flippin’ taxi drivers
10) If you don't fancy skiing, there's nothing else to do
11) If you've got kids they'll probably hate their ski instructor
12) Case in point
13) The French are just plain mean to kids
14) Yep, it's pretty much the worst family holiday ever
15) To get to the French mountains you'll have to fly, and flying's rubbish
16) Or you’ll have to take a train, and they’re god-awful things
17) But the worst thing about France? The snowboarders tearing up the place. Vandals!
18) They're taking over!
19) To be fair, you can’t blame them for staying away from the parks, they’re AWFUL places…
20) With nothing challenging to hit
21) And really limited options for beginners and intermediates
22) Yep, all-in-all skiing and snowboarding in France is rubbish.
23) Just the absolute worst.
To see more photos of all the awful things about skiing and snowboarding in France, check out the live Instagram feed from France's resorts at thefrenchpisteproject.com