15 Reasons Why Portugal Is The Best Place To Surf In The World
The secret gem all surfers don't want you to know about
1) It's got a ginormous 1,800 miles of awesome coastline
2) .... with waves for every kind of surfer
3) If you're a total kook, head to Peniche for clean, gentle waves
4) But if you're looking for something bigger.... there's always Nazaré
5) In fact, arguably the biggest wave in history was surfed here by Andrew Cotton
6) The quieter Portugal gets, the better the surf becomes...
7) The best time to surf is winter and early spring, long after the holidaymakers have gone home
8) Only three hours on a plane from London, Portugal is super close
9) And the choice of post-surf seafood stew is off the chain...
10) Best of all, from flights to food - it's all pretty damn cheap!
11) It's full of awesome surf hostels like this one
12) But you won't find towns with hundreds of trashy surf shops
13) Go at the right time of the year and you could catch Rip Curl Pro in Portugal
14) When the surf does go flat, you won't be short of other adventures
15) But with consistent swell like this, you away from the line up for long!