Surfers generally have a rep for being nice chaps and chapettes.
After all, that fresh air and sea water would make anyone feel laid back and chilled, right?
Surfing: How You Think You Look Vs. How You Actually Look
There are some rules and etiquette on the beach however and if you don't respect the rules of the surfer life, you might not always find them to be so friendly...
Here's our guide to the things most like to get you into a punch up with waveriders in the ocean this summer.
1) Snake in on their wave
2) Casually float across the front of a wave they're riding
3) Refer to them as a bodyboarder all day
4) Sit in the line up on a bodyboard
Female bodyboard surfer jumping and having fun
5) Turn off their alarm when the waves are good
6) Surf a local's only break
7) Ask if their favourite film is Blue Crush
8) Ask if their favourite band is The Beach Boys
9) Insist to only refer to them as "DUUUUDE"
10) Pull on their leash as they're walking into the whitewater
11) Pull on their leash as they go for a wave
12) Shout "SHARK!" whenever they get on a decent wave
The classic poster image from the first release of the film Jaws.
13) Wax the base of their board
14) Draw on their board
15) Break their board
16) Wear their wetsuit and leave it inside out on the sand
17) Get REAL close to them in the line up...
18) ....Then stay there all day and don't catch any waves
19) Loudly laugh and point at them when they miss a wave
20) Cough 'KOOK' under your breath every time they wipe out
21) ....Then loudly talk about your 'sick barrel'
22) Bring a burger and chips to the beach and leave your wrappers behind
23) Punch a small child in the face
24) Insult their mum
25) Don't apologise for any of the above