Are you looking for a new adventure? Sure, you thrive on the rush of skiing, or snowboarding, but isn’t it time you took a leap beyond your normal playground in The Alps?
Why not look West, like all of the true great explorers, and discover what The Rockies in North America have to offer. You’ve seen the pictures. You’ve heard the rumours. So why not take yourself on a trip of a lifetime, and hit those wide open pistes, and the incredible terrain that the Rockies can offer.
Here are 26 reasons why your next adventure should be to The Rockies:
1) You can fly Non-Stop to Calgary, in the heart of the Rockies from the UK in just seven hours with British Airways
2) In fact, within 10 hours of flashing your passport in the UK, you can be exploring the pistes of the powder rich Rockies
3) Calgary itself sits a whopping 1048 metres above sea level. At such altitude, even in early season, you’re not going to arrive in resort during a barren, snowless spell
4) But the resorts…
5) Oh, the resorts…
6) There are 10 resorts within five hours of Calgary, making the town the ideal hub, whichever one of these snowy meccas you choose
7) Kicking Horse is a must
8) There are a full mix of black runs at altitude, through reds, and down to blues and greens when things get a little mellower
9) And the off piste?
10) If you’re feeling adventurous, why not test yourself on the famous Bowl Over, or the slightly less forgiving Crystal Bowl.
11) Fancy hitting some serious powder? Try Fernie Alpine resort
12) It averages 875cm of snowfall a year, meaning there’s always fresh tracks to be had
13) And Fernie may be less well known than some of its bigger neighbours, but that simply means more wide open pistes all to yourself And Your Friends
14) On the hill, Lift Hosts ensure that every chair is running smoothly
15) So there's much less queuing than you get in Europe
16) How about accommodation? In the Rockies, you’re spoilt for choice
17) How about the Fairmont Lake Louise, a truly iconic hotel on the banks of Lake Louise
18) The luxurious Rimrock Resort Hotel, including a top-end spa, in a stunning location
19) Or the Fairmont Banff Springs, a five star hotel nestled in Banff National Park – a UNESCO World Heritage Site
20) You can book any of these, along with your flights through British Airways
21) Being North America, you can guarantee service with a smile
22) And the apartments are always spacious
23) And include just about anything you could ever need
24) Including hot tubs
25) As for food, you can get your hands on just about anything your heart (or taste buds) desire, from Beluga to Burgers
26) And, unlike In Europe, the good people of Canada understand what a vegetarian is