Yosemite is the must-visit destination for everybody with adventure in their heart. The iconic National Park, located in California, is home to some of the most stunning landscapes you'll see anywhere on the planet, ensuring your Facebook wall will be full of photos that will make everybody in the office green with envy.
Sitting between San Francisco and Las Vegas, Yosemite is the perfect place for climbing, whether you're just learning the ropes, or already world class. In fact, here are 19 reasons why Yosemite should be your next adventure destination.
But don't just take our word for it, go and see for yourself! You can win the trip of a lifetime for two people to visit Yosemite for five nights, including return flights to San Francisco, courtesy of United Airlines.
1) Yosemite is the ultimate year-round natural adventure playground
2) Thousands of people have learnt to climb in Yosemite
4) There are 840 miles of trails for fans of hiking, a perfect autumnal activity
5) You can fly there with United Airlines
6) Which can lead to views like this
7) ...or this
8) ...or how about this Winter wonderland?
9) Yosemite is the home of the Giant Sequoia
10) It's also the home of El Capitan, the largest block of granite anywhere on the planet
11) It's perfect for scenic bike rides in autumn
12) And the kayaking is also pretty special
13) The history behind Yosemite is impressive too - it was founded as a National Park in 1890 thanks to the efforts of a group which included the Scotsman John Muir
14) It is also a place where you can dress like a lumbersexual, and genuinely look at home
15) The mountains are actually growing - one foot every 1000 years
16) The park is home to Ribbon Fall which is nine times higher than its famous cousin Niagara
17) And if all that's not enough, they host a 'Sausage & Suds' festival, celebrating, well, sausages and beer
18) So, are you convinced yet?
19) Yosemite really has to be your next adventure
Brought to you by: