British Teen Falls Down an 100-Foot Cliff, Gets Bitten by a Rare Poisonous Snake... And Survives
And you thought YOU were having a sh*t day today?
Have you been having a bad morning? Maybe you fell out of bed when you woke up, stepped on a plug on your way to the kitchen or walked into a lamppost or three on your way to work?
When your day starts like that, it’s easy to think that the entire world is against you, but spare a thought for 14-year-old Brock Leach – he’s the kid who survived an 100ft fall off a cliff in Cornwall last weekend, only to be bitten by Britain’s only poisonous snake upon landing.
Don’t worry though. He did eventually survive the incident, which is a bit of a surprise given that he seems to be the unluckiest kid in Britain.
Brock was exploring the area around the cliffs when he tumbled over the edge, battering off rocks and stones on the way down before finally landing on a ledge. There he was greeted by an adder which wasted no time in giving him a nasty bite and putting an end to any possibility of an escape attempt.
Luckily, Brock’s 16-year-old brother Josh was on hand to go and get help, and the unfortunate younger sibling soon found himself getting choppered to safety and given antivenom for the snake bite at the nearest hospital.
It’s not every day you fall off a 100ft cliff and live long enough to get bitten by a snake and take a ride in a helicopter. Safe to say, Brock’s mother Tracey was rather concerned.
“He had a very lucky escape, but I’m really proud of them both," she told The Cornish Guardian. “They were both very, very scared. Josh saw his brother disappear and heard him scream as he went over the ledge.
“He didn’t panic. He scrambled down and made sure he told the people who came to help that it was an adder bite. It could have been a lot worse. Brock took a real battering but his head and face are completely unscathed."
It’s hard to brand someone who has been through that kind of sequence lucky in any way, but given the outcome, we guess it is an appropriate proclamation.
Be careful when you’re playing around near cliffs kids. You never know where you could tumble to or what could be waiting when you get there...