We've all been there. You're looking at something, something inanimate like a chair or a kitchen cupboard, when all of a sudden...
BAM! You see it. A face, right there, as clear as day. It can be a happy face, a sad face, a vaguely indifferent face or a famous one. Once you've seen the face, however, it becomes virtually impossible to stop seeing the face.
This physcological phenomenon is called 'Pareidolia'. Here, at Mpora, we really like 'Pareidolia' (especially their early stuff). We like it so much, in fact, that we've compiled together our favourite photos of this occuring in nature.
If you like seeing faces, specifically in trees and rock-formations, you've come to the right place. This whole article is, well it's, essentially just that.
1) "What Did You Just Call Me?!"
2) "Yes, I Know, I Look A Bit Like Postman Pat."
3) "ARGGGGHHH! Get Me Out Of Here!"
4) "Oh Boy, Being An Elephant-Shaped Rock Formation Sure Is Thirsty Work."
5) "What Do You Think Of My Hair? No Need To Say It, I Look Fabulous."
6) "You're Not Welcome Here, Human."
7) "HaHaHaHa! That's A Good One, Mate."
9) "I LIKE EATING SMALL GREEN HEDGES!"
10) "Let Me Tell You A Story, A Story As Old As Time Itself."
11) "I Look Like A Thumb, A Thumb With A Face."
12) "My Destiny Is Out There, On The Horizon."
13) "Nope. Sorry. Not Listening."
14) (This Rock Just Heard Some Shocking News)
15) "Yes. I Agree. The Chardonnay Is Quite Bitter."
16) "Howdy Partner."
17) "ARRGGH! There's Mayonaise In My Eye."
19) "Hey There, Friend."