Scared of rollercoasters? Then you may want to stay away from Cedar Point amusement park in Ohio, and in particular, from their new ride ‘The Valravn Roller Coaster’ – it’s set to break ten world records when it opens next year.
The Valravn is a dive coaster, which is a rollercoaster with at least one free-falling 90-degree drop, which pauses on the edge of the drop before falling. In fact, it’s set to be the tallest, fastest and longest dive coaster ever brought into existence.
The roller coaster will break ten records itself when it opens, as well as breaking five other records for the Cedar Point park. Here’s a list of the records it’ll hold…
- Tallest Dive Coaster (223 feet)
- Fastest Dive Coaster (75 mph)
- Longest Dive Coaster (3,415 feet)
- Most Inversions on a Dive Coaster (3)
- Longest Drop on a Dive Coaster (214 feet)
- Highest Inversion on a Dive Coaster (165 feet)
- Most Roller Coasters Taller Than 200 Feet at One Amusement Park (5)
- Most Rides at One Amusement Park (72)
- Most Steel Roller Coaster Track at One Amusement Park (9.9 miles)
- Most Roller Coaster Track at One Amusement Park (11.4 miles)
Now, if you didn’t already fancy the sound of this roller coaster, we’re guessing you wouldn’t have made it this far through the article.
If you have made it this far with coasterphobia though – yes, that is actually the scientific name – then you may want to give up now. Here’s the point of view footage from the crazy new ride: