Improving your running form will cut down on any potential injuries caused by poor technique, and increased efficiency will translate into increased speed and better running times. Win, win, eh?
Explaining it like that is of course the simple bit. Executing it takes a bit of practice, but these videos are here to help and give some simple running tips such as:
- The proper arm motion is vital to improving your running form so make sure they are working in a straightforward motion with shoulders relaxed
- Posture needs to be upright but not totally vertical – you need a slight lean
- Your stride length shouldn’t be too choppy with feet forward and straight
- If you are on a running machine, bring your focus up and away from your feet to maintain the correct posture
- If it isn’t broken, don’t try and fix it. If you are running comfortably and efficiently, a dramatic change to your running form might cause injury
This first video shows you how you can become efficient as a runner and how to improve your running form to prevent any injuries. Take it away, Mr Running Man… And don’t forget to practice your posture in the mirror.
Running & Training Techniques by Expert Village
And it’s not just outside that these running tips can be utilised. Here are five handy points from danlempriere.com to improve your running form that you can practice on the treadmill too. Watch the video, listen to the power ballad sound track and perfect your running technique to make you a more efficient runner and help prevent injury. Go on, give it a try!