Medicine balls have moved on a bit from the cumbersome leather behemoths that evil PE teachers used to dump on the abdominal muscles of naughty pupils.
- Brilliant for strength conditioning, toning and improving cardio, the modern ‘Med-Ball’ is one of the most versatile pieces of equipment in the gym
- If you’re never used one before, medicine ball exercises are a great way to train up and can be used by all ages and fitness levels
- Sparkpeople.com says they allow for improved range of motion, core strength, coordination, flexibility, joint integrity, and upper and lower body strength.
- You can use them on your own or pair up with a gym buddy
- Gym balls can in varying size and weights so make sure you are using the correct one – ask at your gym if you are unsure
Try this simple video from GymRa that focuses on toning the abs.
10 min Beginner Fast Belly Blaster: Abs-Toning Medicine Ball Workout by GymRa
Order a medicine ball online or visit any good sports shop and tackle this killer eight-exercise workout from the comfort of your living room. It’s great for bulking up.
Medicine Ball Home Workout by Athlean-x
Get your heart racing, blood pumping and body sweating with this medicine ball, cardio-specific session.