Photo: iStock

Ever fancied taking a selfie with a rattle snake? No, of course you haven't. Even the biggest snake lovers out there recognise that most rattlers can deliver a fatal dose of venom, so letting them get about their business is wise.

However, not everybody appears to have got the memo. 36 year old Californian Alex Gomez, 36 is recovering in hospital after deciding to take a selfie while wrapping a rattle snake around his neck. Before he could take the snap, the rattle snake did what rattle snakes do, and sunk it's fangs deep into his neck.

Photo: adventure-journal.com

Gomezinhospital.jpeg

While recovering in hospital, Gomez's mom spoke to local press where she didn't mince her words about her suns ridiculous bravado.

“I’m shocked that he would have that thing around his neck. It could’ve bit his neck, and that would have been it. That’s just being a fool."

Presumably a fan of touch love, she added "I told him the news people had been calling, and he said ‘Mom, you better not,’ and I said I’m going to. I’m going to teach him a real good lesson when he gets home. No mercy for him".

Photo: adventure-journal.com

10News_story_stirs_national_debate_on_co_3205530000_21846587_ver1.0_640_480

But people being bitten having selfies taking with rattlers is pretty rare, right. Wrong. Just a month ago fellow Californian Todd Fassler was bit on the arm by a rattler while trying to get a snap with it.

His treatment depleted two hospitals of their reserve of anti-venom for which he's now facing a bill of $153,000.

You may also like:

This Guy Tried To Kiss A Venomous Snake...It Didn't End Well

This Man Was Eaten Alive By A Giant Snake. We Asked Him Why..