It’s International Happiness Day today. Wooo, yeeeah, let’s crack a smile. To celebrate, The Color Run asked 5,000 of their runners what makes them happy. Then we asked 5,000* people in our office the same question (*well, the five that were hanging around the coffee machine).
So who were the most joyful little leprechauns? We’d say us, obviously, but that’s probably not true.
What Makes Color Runners Happy?
- Laughing with friends
- The beach
- Our children
- Throwing shapes on the dancefloor
- Dunking a spoon in Nutella/peanut butter
While we definitely agree with the Nutella one, and although you’d have a heart of solid ice to not raise a smile for a cute puppy, we felt confident we could come up with some better things than that.
Unfortunately, the first list we put together consisted mostly of beer, Walkers salt-and vinegar Squares, and seeing how many carrot batons we can fit in a Sports Direct mug.
But none of that seemed very appropriate for a fitness website, so we’re listing our top ten happiest fitness moments instead.
What Makes Unbound Happy?
1. The ridicumazing training montage from off Rocky IV
2. Popping the tag on box-fresh jazzy leggings
3. Getting your favourite locker in the gym (153, yesss!)
4. Accidentally beating your PB without even intending to
5. Races aren’t about winning and we’re all in it together and blah blah blah, BUT overtaking someone who powered past you a few miles earlier will always be awesome
6. When it’s finally warm enough to run in short shorts
7. Delicious medals
8. Having a reunion meet-up with mates from uni and they all got fat but you didn’t. (Yes, we are both mean and shallow)
9. When you successfully pull a chin-up without making a face like you’re transforming into the Hulk
10. The future Mr Cumbria