1. Fig, Grapefruit and Kale Salad
- 340g quinoa 880ml water
- 2 pinches of salt
- 200g kale, stems removed
- 3 medium sized grapefruits, segments 8 figs, quartered
- 400g red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 120g goat cheese, crumbled
- 80g pine nuts, toasted
- 2 shallots, finely diced
- 60ml Dijon mustard
- 30ml honey
- 60ml balsamic vinegar
- 125ml olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
1. Rinse quinoa in sieve. Add quinoa, water and salt in a pot and bring to a boil then reduce and simmer for 12-15 minutes with lid until all water is absorbed and spirals are revealed. Turn off heat and place a dry dishcloth over the pot for 5 minutes before fluffing with a fork.
2. Combine dressing ingredients and set aside. Add salt and pepper.
3. Remove stems from kale. Wash and spin dry. Gently massage dressing and kale for a few minutes and allow to sit for 15-20 minutes in fridge.
4. Peel, seed and cut grapefruit into segments, quarter figs and slice cabbage.
5. Toss cabbage and quinoa with dressed kale. Garnish with grapefruit, figs, goat cheese and pine nuts.
This recipe come from healthy food purveyors Maple & Fitz.