5. Shredded Kale And Brussels Sprout Slaw
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 small garlic clove, grated
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ¼ cup olive oil
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups finely shredded Lacinto kale
- 3 cups finely shredded Brussels sprouts
- 3 cups finely shredded red cabbage
- ¼ cup sliced almonds. toasted
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
For the dressing:
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, mustard, shallot, garlic and honey. Slowly stream in the olive oil while whisking the dressing until well combined. Season the dressing with salt and pepper. Adjust the lemon juice or honey to your personal taste if necessary.
For the salad:
1. In a large bowl, toss together the shredded kale, brussels sprouts, cabbage and toasted almonds.
2. Add a few tablespoons of dressing and toss well. Taste and add salt and pepper or more dressing if desired.
3. Sprinkle the cheese over the top and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Scaling Back Blog.