1. Raw Fudge Brownies
This raw fudge brownie is simple, tasty and healthy. Vegan and gluten free, it contains cacao and coconut oil. Cacao is full of antioxidants and nutrients, while coconut oil contains healthy fats.
Serves: makes 12 brownies
- 1 cup of dried fruits (such as pitted dates and currants)
- 1/2 cup nuts
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/3 cup cacao
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup rice milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until combined and at desired consistency.
2. Scoop mixture into a baking tray and place in the freezer for half an hour.
3. Remove from freezer once set and slice into pieces. Store brownies in fridge.
Top tip: For a sweeter treat, add a natural sweetener such as honey or maple syrup. A cup is 250ml.
This recipe comes from personal trainer and wellness coach Ashley Hunt.