6. Chocolate Protein Pancakes
For a protein-rich, low-sugar alternative to American pancakes try these chocolatey little numbers. Ideal for weekend brunch.
Serves: makes 20
- 120g protein oats or plain oats
- 50g PhD woman Chocolate Cookie Exercise Support (protein powder)
- 5 egg whites
- 2 eggs
- 30ml semi-skimmed milk
- 10g Green and Blacks cocoa
- 1 teaspoon (6g) agave nectar
- 1teaspoon (1g) chocolate extract
- 1teaspoon (6g) Baking powder
- 125g Quark (fat-free soft cheese)
- 50g chocolate chips
1. Combine all ingredients except the chocolate chips together in a bowl and mix with a stick blender or in a blender.
2. Stir in the chocolate chips.
3. Heat up a non-stick frying pan and drop in a heaped tablespoon of the mixture to make the pancakes – each pancake should be about 7-8 cm in diameter.
4. Cook until the edges start to curl and bubbles appear.
5. Flip over and cook for another 2 minutes.
PhD woman’s Exercise Support is available from www.phd-woman.co.uk