26 Times Steve Peat Proved He’s a Proper Mountain Bike Legend
Here are just some of the times the legend went 100% Steve Peat...
You’ll have heard the news by now. The one and only Steve Peat has announced that the 2016 mountain bike season will be his last on the downhill World Cup circuit.
The Sheffield rider is the definition of the word ‘legend’ in the world of mountain biking, and in the UK and beyond he’s had more impact on the sport than you can possibly measure.
You’ve probably watched the announcement video by now – if not, it’s in the list below, and will probably bring you to tears – so, what better time to remember some of the greatest moments from Peaty and recap why we love him so…
1) When He Beat Nicolas Vouilloz at Les Gets, France in 1999 and started a famous rivalry
… and the commentary notes: “Steve Peat, as a Yorkshireman, celebrates with something other than champagne,” as Peaty downs a beer at the top of the podium.
2) When we remember his style from way back in the day… Mint
3) When he went on a pub crawl in Ireland with Hans Rey
4) When we watch this section from Sprung Two, 1998
5) When he drunk beers that (those) time (times)
6) When he went 100% Peaty and risked going all out to beat Fabien Barel and Nicolas Vouilloz in Les Gets in 2002, and won, despite only needing a few more points to win the World Cup overall title
7) When he won the World Cup overall in 2004… again, then crashed out and made everyone cry in World Champs, having come second on three previous occasions…
8) When he inspired the world to go get wasted in New World Disorder 3
Please enter your email so we can keep you updated with news, features and the latest offers. If you are not interested you can unsubscribe at any time. We will never sell your data and you'll only get messages from us and our partners whose products and services we think you'll enjoy.