How do you make a mountain bike film so good that it borders on the perverse? So good that it makes the hairs stand up on a corpse? So good that it has the power to make a politician hell-bent on career progress refrain from ruining the country for just a few moments? Here are the ingredients:
- Take one South African farm
- Add equal parts of Sam Reynolds, Matt MacDuff, Danny Pace, Andreu Lacondeguy, and Dylan Stone
- Throw in pretty much the biggest mountain bike trail set up we’ve ever seen
- Add a hearty splash of genuine heavy metal
- Mix it up, and sprinkle on a little smash-mouth disregard for personal safety, and you’ve got yourself Pure Darkness 3
The result is six minutes of absolute mayhem, as five of the best riders in the world take to their bikes (are they slope style bikes?!) and throw down in what is easily one of the heaviest edits we’ve ever seen in all action sport, let alone mountain biking.
But enough talk. Bang those speakers on as loud as they will go, crank the internet up to 1080p, and prepare for your eyes to sting and your trousers to moisten. This is Pure Darkness 3.