Britain Is Facing The 'Coldest Winter For A Century'
Get excited people!
It's been positively balmy here in the UK this autumn. With temperatures hovering around 16°C, we're closer to whipping out the boardies than wrapping up for snow.
However, weather experts are predicting that this could the coldest winter for 100 years. They believe that by mid November, arctic winds will batter the UK and temperatures will plummet to near freezing, according to the Daily Express.
October Pattern Index (OPI) experts Riccardo Valente and Professor Judah Cohen say this year's readings are similar to that of the 2009/10 winter, which was the coldest for 31 years.
Here at Mpora, we're pretty stoked about this news. Here's why....
- No trains and roads blocked = working from home in your underpants
- Skiing and snowboarding... outside your front door
- Plenty of comedic entertainment watching people slip on their butts
- You have a legitimate excuse to not visit relatives
- Two words: vin chaud
- Errrrr.... You have to turn the heating on?