Since weed was made legal in Colorado a lot has apparently changed. Sales of snacks have gone through the roof, while the average speed on mountain roads has slowed to a crawl.
But those aren’t the only side effects. As anyone who’s every tried it will tell you, getting high while you’re err… up high has certain inevitable consequences.
1) Mountains are pretty. Really pretty. Sometimes so pretty you’ll need to sit down.
2) Ditto snowflakes.
3) Sometimes you’ll get strange urges
4) Which don’t always end well
5) The whole mountain is your slow zone
6) And no queue is too long when snacks are involved.
7) Especially when they involve chocolate. Chocolate that’s hot and comes in a bowl. With marshmallows on top.
8) The free cookie lady is the best invention ever…
…too bad she only exists in North America.
9) Sparking up near parents will get you a slap…
…even if they’re not your actual parents.
10) Some pistes have the best names. “Let’s ride Willy’s!”
11) And snigger with the best of them.
12) Puns are funny. Puns on t-shirts not so much.
13) Lifts come round quicker than normal. And they can truly fuck you up.
14) Chairlifts with friends = Super good times.
15) Chairlifts without friends = Super awkward.
16) And chairlifts by yourself = Paranoia and the ever-present worry of this…
17) On the chairlift you’ll suggest mission hikes, ridges and gnarly couloirs…
…but then you’ll just ride down the piste.
18) Cos you know, avalanches can happen anywhere, any time bro!
19) You’ll tell your buddies building a kicker is too much effort. Secretly you’re scared you’ll do this.
20) Ditto hitting the snow park
21) No one actually knows how many words the Inuits have for snow. But you know what dude? There’s no harm in thinking that one out for a while…
22) Anyway, sometimes you just need a little lie down
23) But it doesn’t matter if things get a little hazey…
24) At least you’ve got your GoPro footage to jog your memory of the day!