"If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine. It is lethal"
We all dream about going on an adventure – whether it’s hiking the Appalachian Trail in America or paddling down the Amazon.
It’s not always possible to take ourselves off on epic journeys. Family, partners, work commitments, mortgages – all of these things keep us from booking plane tickets on a whim and heading off for the horizon.
But that doesn’t mean you can’t dream.
If you’re feeling low or the working week is dragging – read these travel quotes to yourself. Guaranteed they will give you that pick-me-up and inspire your next adventure.
1) Travel is the only thing you can buy that will make you richer – Anon
2) Life is either a great adventure or nothing – Helen Keller
3) The very basic core of a man’s living spirit is his passion for adventure – Christopher McCandless
4) Travel makes one modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world – Gustave Flaubert
5) “The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page” – St. Augustine
6) “Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, and as vital to our lives as water and good bread. A civilisation which destroys what little remains of the wild, the spare, the original, is cutting itself off from its origins and betraying the principle of civilisation itself” – Edward Abbey
7) “There’s no such thing as bad weather, only inappropriate clothing” – Sir Rannulph Fiennes
8) “Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilised people are beginning to find out that going to the mountains is going home; that wildness is a necessity; and that mountain parks and reservations are useful not only as fountains of timber and irrigating rivers, but as fountains of life.” – John Muir
9) “Adventure is worthwhile in itself” – Amelia Earhart
10) “The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience” – Eleanor Roosevelt
11) “Never say ‘no’ to adventures. Always say ‘yes’, otherwise you’ll lead a very dull life” – Ian Fleming
12) “Live, travel, adventure, bless, and don’t be sorry” – Jack Kerouac
13) “Not all those who wander are lost” – J.R.R. Tolkien
14) “If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine. It is lethal” – Paulo Coelho
15) “And at the end of the day, your feet should be dirty, your hair messy and your eyes sparkling” – Shanti
16) “One day’s exposure to mountains is better than a cartload of books” – John Muir
17) “I see my path, but I don’t know where it leads. Not knowing where I’m going is what inspires me to travel it” – Aristophanes
18) “It is only in adventure that some people succeed in knowing themselves – in finding themselves” – Andre Gide
19) “Believe me! The secret of reaping the greatest fruitfulness and the greatest enjoyment from life is to live dangerously!” – Friedrich Nietzsche
20) A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step” – Lao Tzu
21) “Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go” – T.S Eliot
22) “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has courage to lose sight of the shore” – André Gide
23) “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover” — Mark Twain
Please enter your email so we can keep you updated with news, features and the latest offers. If you are not interested you can unsubscribe at any time. We will never sell your data and you'll only get messages from us and our partners whose products and services we think you'll enjoy.