1. As soon as you sign up, that sudden realisation…
2. …that you’re nowhere near ready to race
3. Cue motivational mass training montage
4. You’ll find a new appreciation for jogging
5. Whether the weather outside looks like this
6. Or like this
7. Because odds are on race day, even in the middle of summer, it’s gonna look like this
8. All your mates think you’re crazy
9. Unless you can persuade them to join you
10. In which case you’ll lose them as soon as the race starts
11. You’ll get that surge of adrenaline at the start line
12. Where you’ll probably be standing next to this guy
13. …or these guys.
14. It’s great when you outrun fellow racers
15. …but not so great when they outrun you.
16. But you know there’s always that camaraderie between everyone running…
17. …which is great when you need a cheeky boost or assist.
18. After all, these are people who understand what mud really means.
19. They understand that getting muddy isn’t a problem…
20. …and neither is getting wet…
21. ..being set on fire…
23. …or even being electrocuted
24. It’s all just part of the fun.
25. After all, you’re fuckin’ hard. You can take on Spartans
26. Outrun the living dead
27. Even scale mountains
28. Although getting over that last wall is always a bitch
29. But it’s worth it for that feeling when you see the finish line
30. It’s not like you need a medal…
31. …(though secretly you LOVE the medal)…
32. …because finishing is a reward in itself
33. After all, you’ve pushed yourself further than you thought you could go…
34. Plus finishing comes with inherent bragging rights
35. And, of course, this. The most welcome sight in the whole world!
You may also like:
5 Of The Craziest Obstacle Races In The World
These Must Be The Most Hardcore Adventure Races on the Planet