Share

Skiing

Armada Edollo Freestyle Ski 2021 – 2022 | Review

Harlot’s pro model is a freestyle ski with all-mountain capabilities

Why we chose the Armada Edollo: Bombproof, versatile, freestyle-focused 

Lengths (cm): 164, 172, 189
Sidecut (mm): 133 / 98 / 177 (172 cm)
Radius: 20.5m (172 cm)
Rocker Profile: Rocker-Camber-Rocker
Weight (per ski): 1,900g
Price: £545 / €595 / $700

BUY HERE

Previously known as the Al Dente, the Armada Edollo has remained a staple freestyle-oriented all-mountain ski ever since its inception seven years ago. Being Henrik Harlot’s pro model, the Edollo has been designed to take on whatever Henrik can throw its way: from beatings in the park to backcountry kicker sessions.

Armada Edollo  Build

To be able to survive a lifetime in the park with Henrik, Armada has built the Edollo like a tank – featuring Armada’s thickest steel edges and toughened base construction. The edges have been made from a beefed-up 2.2mm heat treated impact edge.

Then, topping the edges are Armada’s AR75 sidewalls. This name is in reference to the 75% of the sidewall that’s made from a powerful, and durable, semi-cap construction. The other 25% in the tips and tails feature a fully protective cap construction which also saves on weight. Armada has covered this sidewall in impact-resistant ABS running from tip to tail. This ABS also dampens the underfoot section for hard landings.

This is the exact same edge and sidewall construction used on the ARV 106 we reviewed in last year’s Ski 100. That’s no bad thing, mind. The ARV 106 was an impressively durable ski that could happily survive a blast through the park.

Aside from a bombproof construction, Armada has built the Edollo light and snappy. This begins with a poplar core. This lightweight core features ash stringers vertically laminated to give the skis increased pop and power. Sitting on top of this poplar and ash core is Armada’s adaptive mesh – a lattice of fibreglass that further improves the responsiveness in a lightweight design.

This all results in a flex that Armada claims is a six in the tips and underfoot and a seven at the tails, in their own flex rating. We’d agree with this. The Edollo felt a touch softer than, say, the ARV 96, of which it shares a similar shaping.

Armada Edollo Shaping

Sharing a similar waist width to the ARV 96, the Edollo features a 98 mm waist. This results in a width that’s able to get the job done, no matter what you throw its way. Moving away from the ARV shaping, the Edollo features less tapering in both the tips and tails in favour of a more freestyle focused twin tip shape.

Who Is The Armada Edollo For?

The Edollo’s a freestyle ski with the ability to head beyond the ropes when the conditions are firing. The combination of toughened edges, sidewalls and bases make for a package that’ll be able to shrug off all the inevitable knocks and scuffs in the park and beyond.

What Is The Armada Edollo Good At?

Park: 9/10
Soft Snow: 7/10
Crud: 7/10

You May Also Like

Tanner Hall | Interview With An Icon

Share

Newsletter Terms & Conditions

Please enter your email so we can keep you updated with news, features and the latest offers. If you are not interested you can unsubscribe at any time. We will never sell your data and you'll only get messages from us and our partners whose products and services we think you'll enjoy.

Read our full Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions.

production