What is Insanity?
Potentially the best known of all the non-celeby DVDs, Insanity has made a name for itself for being, well, a slightly insane workout. Creator Shaun T holds no prisoners!
Comprising 10 separate workout DVDs, it promises a year’s results in a 60 day period (blimey!). With an average workout time of 45 mins (6 days a week), there’s no slacking here. This is a full-on intense fat burning/body sculpting workout, and you will see results. No extra equipment required.
How does Insanity work?
The intensity of the, mainly cardio-based, Insanity workout means you can torch around 1,000 calories a session if you really push it.
A typical daily workout looks a little bit like this
- A series of movements with no rest period (think tuck jumps, knee raises, squat thrusts and other evil exercises)
- Repeat that same series of movements, but faster
- Repeat those moves again, but even faster (sweating a lot now)
- Take a break
- Move on to the next sequence of moves and repeat in the same manner
What does it come with?
- Fitness guide (advice on stretching and how to do certain moves etc)
- 10 DVDs
- An elite nutrition guide providing tips on what to eat before and after your workouts
Price = £110
What do you say about Insanity?
Thoughts from Insanity user Liam Towndrow: “A tough program to follow, this is not for the faint hearted! It’s mainly aimed at weight loss.
“I managed to finish the first month and although I didn’t see my muscles swell, I certainly did notice my body getting tighter and trimmer.”
Click right for all the gen on P90X