24 Winter Olympics Puns That Are Snow Bad They’re Good
The speed skaters refused to spend much money on equipment. Cheapskates.
Winter Olympics puns! It’s a little known fact that the 2018 Winter Games in Pyeongchang were specifically organised so that they would coincide with the UK’s National Pun Day – an under-publicised event which takes place each year on 12 February – and a day which the International Olympic Committee are incredibly, possibly surprisingly, keen to raise the profile of.
One thing we love just as much as the Winter Olympics, conveniently enough, is making terrible puns. So without further ado, here are 24.
1) I’m expecting to see Kim-Jung Un competing in the snowboarding in Pyeongchang. Heard he’s got board and fancies a Korea change.
2) I went bob-sleighing the other day. Killed 73 Bobs.
3) The Olympic skiing started really well but it was all downhill from there.
4) You: “…And that’s how they made hockey a Winter Olympic sport”.
5) It turns out when the Russians said “dope” they weren’t just pretending to be cool in front of the snowboarders.
6) Fourth place in the Olympic luge? You win some, you luge some.
7) I’m a huge fan of Skeleton Bob. I liked Living Bob too, but he’s really mellowed out since he died and lost his flesh.
8) Did you hear about the powerful journalist and producer competing in the freestyle skiing? She was a real media mogul.
9) I went to the Winter Olympics with 3,000 cans of Tresemme. Turns out Big Hair isn’t one of the events.
10) Did you hear Dolly Parton was angry she had to compete in the Olympics? She was a cross country skier.
11) People said the man with a million radiators was ruining the figure skating but he was just trying to break the ice.
12) An American whistleblower was planning to attend the Winter Olympics but in the end he couldn’t because he was Snowden.
13) My favourite Winter Olympic event is the one where two opposing teams go on the ice, pass the puck to each other, pay each other compliments, and make everyone involved feel really good about themselves. Nice hockey.
14) Why can’t Shaun White listen to vinyl at the Olympics? He already broke all the records.
15) We lost our curling stone while playing a secret game of curling in a carpet shop. It got swept under the rug.
16) The snow melted in Pyeongchang when the Winter Olympics were finished. All the fans had left.
17) My friend has bought three snowboards and now he can’t stop. He’s on a very slippery slope.
18) Officials: “What have you been doing?! Have you been smoking weed again?”
Please enter your email so we can keep you updated with news, features and the latest offers. If you are not interested you can unsubscribe at any time. We will never sell your data and you'll only get messages from us and our partners whose products and services we think you'll enjoy.